Friday, January 9, 2015

Thoughts on fitness for the new year

Resolutions! Goals! Yay!

While I don't really like to set NY resolutions, it is a great time to reevaluate the progress I'm making. I look at race calendars, personal study, my career, and more to see if I like where I'm at and where I'm heading.

Fitness goals are always in there, for me. And most people, I think. Lose weight, eat better, exercise more, run farther.... whatever those goals may be, I think the motivation behind them matters.

I heard two thoughts recently that I really like.

"Exercise to be strong and healthy. A beautiful soul needs a sturdy vessel."

"Do you work out because you love or hate your body?"

Just some food for thought - our goals should be based on positivity and wanting to accomplish something good rather than based on fear or negative feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment