Sunday, December 21, 2008

Daddy and Mommy

Today was the Christmas Program, and I love that my ward does an almost-entirely-musical presentation. My Mom is in the choir, so she was sitting on the stand. At one point, my dad leaned over to me and whispered "Your mom is the prettiest one up there."

True or not, the fact that he thinks that and said it to me made my day. I want a marriage like that. One that, after 23 years, is still full of love, affection, and attraction.

I want a love like my parents. A love like Gordon and Marjorie Hinckley.

In Relief Society, we talked about deriving strength from knowledge. I am so thankful to have a knowledge of eternal families. I would feel so hopeless if I thought that I would have to give up my future husband and my current family at death. The beauty of my parents' marriage would be cheapened if were only temporary. Thankfully, I know that their love can endure and grow for all eternity. That their marriage can be celestial.

That's what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment