Sunday, March 9, 2014

Breakfast that's easy, healthy, and delicious - overnight oats

So I love meal prep. I take my breakfast and lunch to work every day (I work early hours) and there's no way it's getting made at 4 in the morning. So usually on Sundays, I take a little time to prepare things I can throw together during the week. I'll write more about the whole process some other time, but today I'm sharing my go-to breakfast: overnight oats.



It's super simple. I take steel-cut oats, chia seeds (I get both at Trader Joe's), and mason jars of whatever size, and I prepare a few jars for the week. I use 1/4 c oats and 1 T chia seeds per jar. I pour em in, give em a shake, and throw em in the pantry.



Then, the night before I actually want to eat them, I take one of the jars and pour in some vanilla almond milk (although I'm sure you could use any variation of it that you'd like) and top it off with some fruit. I'm on a blackberry kick at the moment, but I also use fresh or frozen peaches, mangoes, strawberries, blueberries, pears, bananas, raspberries, or any combination thereof. I usually use whatever fresh fruit I have on hand, and I always keep some frozen in case it sounds better that day. I let it sit overnight and throw it in my lunchbox the next morning... and then enjoy at my leisure!



Might not look glamorous but it sure is delicious!

And easy. I love easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment