Friday, March 7, 2014

Thankful for Today

Gratitude... that magical ability to turn trials into blessings.

Funny how cliché it is... and yet how true it is that once you start thinking of everything you have to be grateful for, the world starts looking a little brighter.

One thing I'll do when I'm feeling especially bratty or grumpy (who, me?) is start telling God and the Universe about all the things I'm thankful for. I generally start with the obvious - the fact that I'm safe and healthy and for my marriage and family and job and stable finances and for a functional car (because these sessions usually end up happening in the car) and for clear roads and clear skies and for the beautiful mountains and for warm clothes.... and as you can imagine, this progresses to all kinds of stupid things that I usually don't think about... but when I DO think about them, I realize how incredible my life really is. And suddenly my reason for being grumpy seems pretty small.

Told you it was cliché. But still really nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment