Sunday, July 26, 2015

Whole30: Day 1

Okay. So the husband and I have decided to try out the Whole30 program. It's pretty extreme for us, but I think we're at the point where we need that... the strict rules and guidelines to help us get back on track with our nutrition.

It's basically 30 days of just eating whole, nutritious foods - which means no sugar, over-processed foods, dairy, grains, etc. That means no treats for me and no Mountain Dew for him. Rough, I know.

The book - everyone told me to read it first, and I'm glad I did - it explained a lot


So, yesterday was Day 1. It was, of course, a success, since eating healthy for one day is not all that hard. It's the days to come that I'm more worried about. I'm definitely lucky that my husband is doing it with me, because it would be way harder to stay compliant on my own.



So, for breakfast, I did an omelette (eggs, bell peppers, jalapenos, onion, spinach, a little coconut milk, salt, and pepper) and half a banana.


Lunch was pulled chicken and guacamole in a lettuce wrap (yum), lots of fresh veggies, and the rest of my banana.


I needed a snack, so I grabbed some almonds (I ate about half) and these dried apples.


And dinner was a salad with lots of veggies, chicken, and the rest of my almonds.



I felt totally great, and as long as I can keep eating food that tastes this good, I might actually last the 30 days!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment